On 2014-06-24, 5:59 PM, "Paul Hoadley" wrote:

On 23/06/2014, at 3:43 PM, Paul Hoadley
<pa...@logicsquad.net<mailto:pa...@logicsquad.net>> wrote:

I've been using AjaxFlexibleFileUpload in a project for a few months now, but
I've been getting reports of occasional failures.  The symptoms are very
specific:

1.  User clicks "Select File..." and selects a file.
2.  User clicks "Upload", and nothing happens.

That is, the expected behaviour at 2 is, obviously, a progress meter appears,
and the file is uploaded.  What actually happens is the the "Upload" link
disappears, but nothing else happens.  The "clear" icon remains, and is the
only work-around for the issue: the user can clear the selected file and try
again, at which point the upload succeeds.

There are some features that make me think this is going to be terrible to
track down.

I never did get to the bottom of the issue, but there's a workaround which is
mostly satisfactory.  Given that the user can only select a single file, the
"Upload" button is essentially superfluous.  So it turns out that setting
$autoSubmit="$true" side-steps the issue by removing step 2 from the list
above.  I've convinced myself that this is a marginally better user experience
anyway, so I don't have to dive into the bowels of the page and its myriad
resources to find the actual root cause.

I’ve solved several Ajax problems in a similar manner.  It really does make you
wish for a more stable UI platform.