Unless you're actually using JSPs (if so, God help you) you can just add a
replace call in the build.xml file at the bottom of the ssdd target to
remove that whole section from the web.xml file.  I don't have an example
on this machine, but here is the doc:

https://ant.apache.org/manual/Tasks/replace.html