I am converting a legacy D2W application to Modern style. In the old
application the create page for a given entity was frozen and then hand edited.
The application implements something similar to ERAttachment and in the frozen
edit page there is a plain WOFileUpload button. All the files go into the same
directory (unlike with ERAttachment, where the files are stored in a
multi-level subdirectory structure).

I want to do as much as possible without custom components (at least no page
level components). I can easily do the Create/Edit/List page configuration for
the given entity, but I am struggling with the file upload. I don't think I can
use ERAttachment, or can I? My data model is Product <-->> Attachment (yes, the
name already maches). Attachment has just a to-one relationship to product and
a file name attribute (path is "hard coded" via properties file. It is is
certainly possible to extend the existing Attachment entity with more fields,
but how wold I handle the differing way of storing the attached files? This is
a legacy application where I cannot just simply alter the file system layout.
And there are already several 1000's of attachments.

Thanks for any input
---markus---