Hi List,

I have a question because a colleague of mine wants to test Linux as
development platform.

Background:
-----------
I the css file of OurApp.woa we refer to background images like e.g.

#a-div {
    background:
url("/WebObjects/OurApp.woa/Contents/WebServerResources/gfx/background.jpg");
}

To make this working during development on the Mac, I put a softlink from

/MYPATH_TO_ECLIPSE/OUR_APP_PROJECT/build/OurApp.woa -->
/Libary/WebServer/Documents/WebObjects/OurApp.woa

This works on the Mac, since the WO-build-in development server somehow scans
/Library/WebServer/Documents/ (the default document root for Apache on Mac)
during startup and delivers the resources to the browser.

Problem:
--------
Since there is no /Library/WebServer/Documents/ on Linux (default is
/var/www/html - at least on Ubuntu), this doesn't work on Linux

Since my colleague doesn't want to create a folder
/Library/WebServer/Documents/ (let's call this decision sort of "religious" but
nevertheless :-) I was looking for the place where that
"/Library/WebServer/Documents/"      information came from.

The only place I found, was
/PATH_TO_WO_FRAMEWORKS/JavaWebObjects.framework/Resources/WebServerConfig.plist.
 Inside this plist there is an entry 'DocumentRoot =
"/Library/WebServer/Documents";'

Now, my colleague could modify the plist entry and everything works fine, but

Question:
---------
Is there any other way to tell the WebObjects development environment to look
for the document root than patching the WebServerConfig.plist inside the
JavaWebObjects.framework folder?

Side notes:
I tried to override the documentRoot() method of my Application class to return
the correct path, but it's never called during startup. At least while in
development mode.

I also tried to set the property "application.documentRoot" - same effect.
Doesn't work.

Thanks for your help, C.U.CW
--
What are the three enemies of a programmer? Sunlight, oxygen, and the appalling
roar of the birds.