Hi Ted,

You can use Ramsey's AjaxNotifcationCenter for this. The code has moved here:
<https://github.com/wocommunity/wonder/tree/master/Archives/Frameworks/AjaxLook>

You'll need a few rules, along these lines:

80 : propertyChangedDelegate != null => aboveDisplayPropertyKeys =
("ajaxNotificationCenter") [com.webobjects.directtoweb.Assignment]
100 : ((task = 'create' or task = 'edit') and entity.name = 'Person') =>
propertyChangedDelegate =
"your.app.d2w.delegates.PersonPropertyChangedDelegate"
[ERDDelayedObjectCreationAssignment]
120 : ((task = 'create' or task = 'edit') and entity.name = 'Person' and
(propertyKey = 'isFemale' or propertyKey = 'salutation')) => componentName =
"AjaxObservingSwitch" [com.webobjects.directtoweb.Assignment]
100 : ((task = 'create' or task = 'edit') and entity.name = 'Person' and
propertyKey = 'isFemale') => customComponentName = "ERD2WCustomEditBoolean"
[com.webobjects.directtoweb.Assignment]
100 : ((task = 'create' or task = 'edit') and entity.name = 'Person' and
propertyKey = 'salutation') => customComponentName = "ERD2WEditString"
[com.webobjects.directtoweb.Assignment]

And you need to implement PropertyChangedDelegate to tell the notification
center which containers should be updated:

public class PersonPropertyChangedDelegate implements PropertyChangedDelegate {

    public NSArray<String> propertyChanged(D2WContext context) {
        String prop = context.propertyKey();
        if (Person.ATTRIBUTE_isFemale.equals(prop)) {
            return new NSArray<String>(Person.ATTRIBUTE_salutation);
        }
        return NSArray.emptyArray();
    }

}

Make sure your page component has the "aboveDisplayPropertyKeys" section.

HTH, Fabian

P.S.: Why was the code moved to the archives and not integrated into
ERDirectToWeb?