How are maven folks doing split installs when packaging as a true war
for tomcat (or whatever container)? I've recently converted my app to a
true war, but the webserver resources are now bundled in the war and
there is no webserver-resources archive generated anymore (at least not
that I can find).

I have many static resources that are inside embedded frameworks and
these are now packaged inside the framework jar files which are embedded
in my war file. Some of these static resources are css files that have
relative file urls in them, but these don't get get resolved when
serving static files via the container, which is why I'm wondering how
to build a split install package that bundles all static resources for
the app, as well as its frameworks.

I recall there being support (i.e. Generating a tar archive with all
static resources) for this in the traditional ant-based builds and when
packaging as a woa in maven, but could not find a way when packaging as
war in maven. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any advice or pointers.

Faizel Dakri
list...@dakri.com