On 13 Jan 2015, at 10:01 am, OC <o...@ocs.cz> wrote:

>> Just my 2¢, but instead of that large block of code, why not just change
>> some properties, run migrations at app startup, and declare your changes
>> there? Migrations work and you don’t have to reinvent the wheel. Then, if
>> your SQL continues to be incorrect, you know where to focus.
>
> Can you please point me to some howto? To be frank, I have absolutely no idea
> what “migration” is.

Start here:

http://jenkins.wocommunity.org/job/Wonder/lastSuccessfulBuild/javadoc/er/extensions/migration/package-summary.html

> Consider my current case -- I need to sync tables to model /more details
> below/, and perhaps I'm just dumb, but "migration" is about the very last
> word I would search for, to fulfill that need?!? I don't migrate anything to
> anywhere; all I need is to synchronize the database to the model.

Migrations will do that, though it's completely manual in that you provide Java
code to "migrate" the database from its existing state to a new state where it
reflects changes you've made to the model.

--
Paul Hoadley
http://logicsquad.net/