> It is more likely that the EC got reverted after the insert and your code
> still has a reference to the EO, or the EO got deleted and your code still
> has a reference to it.  Can the users backtrack?

Is there a way to really prevent the disaster? Anyway my app does contain

setPageRefreshOnBacktrackEnabled(YES);

but still there are occassional problems (especially with Safari some time ago
I've encountered at least one case when my server simply was not informed at
all that user did backtrack -- it was all right in other browsers --, and then
I got a completely nonsense action from the page).

> I’ve seen this sort of thing caused by backtracking.  It is usually
> unexpected code paths, rather than obviously incorrect code

thanks a lot!
OC