How are you doing?  There are notifications and a delegate to trace part of
this, but not dispose().

Is the code using the EXEC factory method of creation?  If so, just subclass
the ERXEC or whatever class it is using now, and override the lifecycle method
that you want to log from.  Then create and set a new factory to use your EC
class.  That will give you total control.  If the code is doing new ERXEC(),
then switch that to the factory pattern first.

Chuck

On 2015-02-07, 8:37 AM, "Gavin Eadie" wrote:

Having inherited some code, I'm inspecting how it uses ECs (actually, ERXECs)
and wonder if there are delegates (or other mechanism) that could intercept
creation, usage, and, most importantly, disposing of these beasties.

The code is convoluted, using too many ECs, and somewhat heavy with static
initializers which, if they allocate an EC, allocate it 'forever' resulting in
some ECs managing to persist through Session terminations, with occasional
nasty consequences!

I'd really like to get the ECs to report their lifecycle events so I can locate
where they get used, and thereby correct how they are used.