In my app I am tracking session creation - as a way to sniff out some issues
I’ve had with some going stray. Anyhow, I am sending NSArray<EOGlobalID> to a
background task that sends emails using ERMailDeliveryHTML. These are component
based emails.

Low and behold, each and every one creates a new session. Certainly I
understand why this could/would happen depending on the contents of the
component/page.

I am most curiouser about what approaches decent WO folk might use to avoid
this. This is how I’m abusing things:

 for(Object aPersonGlobalIdObject : approverIds.toArray()) {
      EOGlobalID aGlobalID = (EOGlobalID)aPersonGlobalIdObject;
      MyComponent _component = (MyComponent)
ERMailUtils.instantiatePage("MyComponent", null);
      _component.setGlobalId(aGlobalID);
      try {
        _component.sendThisComponentToPerson();
      }
other stuff….
}

I had thought ERMailUtils.instantiatePage was made for doing this without
creating a session? But I must have fooled myself.

Tim Worman
UCLA GSE&IS