I haven't got anything significant to say about Thomas's original post, but
just to add a couple of data points:

On 24 Apr 2015, at 5:36 am, Fabian Peters <lists.fab...@e-lumo.com> wrote:

> AFAIK, it should work for multiple tables, except if any of them use compound
> primary keys.

This seems to be the received wisdom, but it's just not true in the general
case.  I have used ERXExistsQualifier on an entity with a compound PK just
fine.  What you _can't_ do (for obvious reasons) is force it to generate SQL
with an IN clause.  Whether there are edge cases where you can't combine
ERXExistsQualifier, compound PKs, and SQL with an EXISTS clause, I don't know.

> You may want to try the ExistsInRelationshipQualifier from the Houdah
> frameworks, which does handle flattened many-to-many relations.

I certainly can confirm that flattened relationships break ERXExistsQualifier
every time.

--
Paul Hoadley
http://logicsquad.net/