Hello,

This issue comes up every few years.  (I just re-read an epic thread on this
and other issues from 2010.)  Here it is again.

I have a really simple question: is _anyone_ successfully serialising WOSession
objects (using _any_ method, and preferably _not_ native Java serialisation)
with a view to using a WOSessionStore that’s not based in local memory in
non-trivial, non-demo apps?

I’ve had a look at Ramsey’s ERPersistentSessionStorage.framework, and my
intention was to create something similar backed by memcached.  I got it
working to the proof-of-concept level on a trivial app, but using native Java
serialisation seems brittle.  (By which I mean it falls over pretty fast when
you throw a serialisation-based approach into a substantial application.)

Is this problem solved, unsolved, or unsolvable?  Is _anyone_ using non-local
session storage of _any_ kind?

--
Paul Hoadley
http://logicsquad.net/