Hi Benjamin,

For large model, the only solution I found useful is to create schemas using
Omni Graffle. I usually create multiple schemas for a single model/project, one
for each module like finance, operations, CRM, etc... Trying to document more
than 12-15 entities in a single schema does not lead to effective
documentation. If an entity is present in multiple schema, I usually define it
only once and present only it's name some attributes on others where it is
referenced.

Automated tools do not deal well with complex model with circular and multi
path between entities. They also tend to produce too detailed diagrams, you
does not need the FK attributes of the relationship is visible with a line for
example...

I also usually create my schemas before the EOModel and create the migration
code from the model.

Samuel