Hi Lachlan,

Nice to see you around, welcome back.  Yes, I am still here though snail
harvesting sounds tempting and soothing.

The community is getting smaller and more fragmented.  Several people have
joined Apple now and they tend not to be around much.

The last time I tried Golips it also did not work.  IIRC, it was a version
problems and the downloads it was trying to get no longer existed.  The
instructions on the wiki should be up to date for a DYI install.

Some people have migrated to Cayenne from EOF, and either use a REST API to
drive a JavaScript client, or probably use Tapestry.  Andrus did some
presentations on this, I am not sure if they are on the wiki or part of the
backlog we need to deal with.

The WO version is still 5.4.3 with the latest Wonder on it.  We are up to Java
7 and looking at 8.  Some people use Maven, most I think have stuck with Ant.
Just say NO to Vertical Inheritance!  :-P

No really exciting developments that I recall, mostly a move away from HTML
interfaces to JavaScript ones driven by a REST back-end.

Chuck

On 2016-01-12, 6:37 PM,
"webobjects-dev-bounces+chill=gevityinc....@lists.apple.com on behalf of
Lachlan Deck" <webobjects-dev-bounces+chill=gevityinc....@lists.apple.com on