From:
<webobjects-dev-bounces+chill=gevityinc....@lists.apple.com<mailto:webobjects-dev-bounces+chill=gevityinc....@lists.apple.com>>
 on behalf of Mark Wardle <m...@wardle.org<mailto:m...@wardle.org>>
Date: Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 3:04 AM
To: WebObjects-Dev
<webobjects-dev@lists.apple.com<mailto:webobjects-dev@lists.apple.com>>
Subject: Re: Odd NPE from deep inside EOF

Last year, I had an intermittent exception thrown seemingly at random.
Something odd is happening from deep within EOF and it isn’t easily
reproducible as far as I can tell.

I now have the full stack trace. Does this look familiar to anyone?

Best wishes,

Mark

java.lang.NullPointerException
  at
com.webobjects.eocontrol._EOMutableKnownKeyDictionary.<init>(_EOMutableKnownKeyDictionary.java:106)
  at
com.webobjects.eoaccess.EORelationship._foreignKeyForSourceRow(EORelationship.java:1148)
  at
com.webobjects.eoaccess.EODatabaseContext._followToManyRelationshipWithFetchSpecification(EODatabaseContext.java:2497)
  at
com.webobjects.eoaccess.EODatabaseContext._followFetchSpecification(EODatabaseContext.java:2636)
  at
com.webobjects.eoaccess.EODatabaseContext._batchFetchRelationshipForSourceObjectsEditingContext(EODatabaseContext.java:3734)
  at
com.webobjects.eoaccess.EODatabaseContext.batchFetchRelationship(EODatabaseContext.java:3816)
  at
er.extensions.eof.ERXEOAccessUtilities.batchFetchRelationship(ERXEOAccessUtilities.java:1913)
  at
er.extensions.eof.ERXDatabaseContextDelegate.doFetch(ERXDatabaseContextDelegate.java:781)
  at
er.extensions.eof.ERXDatabaseContextDelegate.batchFetchToManyFault(ERXDatabaseContextDelegate.java:669)
  at
er.extensions.eof.ERXDatabaseContextDelegate.databaseContextShouldFetchArrayFault(ERXDatabaseContextDelegate.java:391)
  at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor81.invoke(null:Unknown)
  at
  at com.webobjects.foundation.NSSelector._safeInvokeMethod(NSSelector.java:122)
  at com.webobjects.foundation._NSDelegate._perform(_NSDelegate.java:223)
  at com.webobjects.foundation._NSDelegate.perform(_NSDelegate.java:163)
  at
com.webobjects.eoaccess.EODatabaseContext._fireArrayFault(EODatabaseContext.java:4236)
  at
com.webobjects.eoaccess.EOAccessArrayFaultHandler.completeInitializationOfObject(EOAccessArrayFaultHandler.java:77)
  at
com.webobjects.eocontrol._EOCheapCopyMutableArray.willRead(_EOCheapCopyMutableArray.java:39)
  at
com.webobjects.eocontrol._EOCheapCopyMutableArray.count(_EOCheapCopyMutableArray.java:99)
  at
com.webobjects.eocontrol.EOSortOrdering._sortUsingKeyOrderArray(EOSortOrdering.java:185)
  at
com.webobjects.eocontrol.EOSortOrdering.sortedArrayUsingKeyOrderArray(EOSortOrdering.java:249)
  at com.eldrix.rsdb.model._Patient.addresses(_Patient.java:748)
  at com.eldrix.rsdb.model.Patient.addressForDate(Patient.java:289)
  at com.eldrix.rsdb.model.Patient.currentAddress(Patient.java:277)

On 31 Mar 2015, at 22:55, Mark Wardle <m...@wardle.org<mailto:m...@wardle.org>>