Chuck,

On 22. 2. 2016, at 19:18, Chuck Hill <ch...@gevityinc.com> wrote:

> It sounds to me like sharing the model would be less effort.

Thanks!

> Rather than use rawRowsForSQL you can just make regular fetch specs and tell
> them to fetch raw rows.  You might get more data back than you need, but all
> the join and name translation etc will be handled for you.

This looks like a trick I don't know yet. How do I ensure a join using a
regular fetchspec?

Assume a pretty trivial case, entity "Person" having attribute "name" and
relationship "department", which leads to entity "Department" with attribute
"name".

I need to get an array of dictionaries, which will represent all persons and
their departmens; the keys will be "name" and "department.name", the values
self-evident.

Short of fetching raw rows twice and post-processing (which is what I want to
dodge, leaving the heavy stuff on the db server), how do I get this kind of
dictionaries, if not by creating the appropriate SQL myself?

Note that there's no flattened attribute in the model. Hmmm.... well I probably
might add one programmatically on-the-fly just before the fetch, never tried
that... wouldn't that bring havoc though if more threads fetched concurrently
and each extended the model its own way?

Thanks a very big lot,
OC