The order of imports can be a problem if you’re seeing that slf4j issue. (That
library can be masked or not loaded if there is an incompatible implementation.

I see this thread has wound around to a permissions problem as the fix, but I
wanted to mention (for those searching the mailing list for answers) that
checking the load order of the class path (so that ERJars gets loaded
correctly) can be another source of this issue. One of the symptoms of this is
the exception looking for LoggerFactory, but that is hinted at by an earlier
warning that doesn’t load slf4j because of an incompatible (or missing) logger
implementation.

Larry Mills-Gahl
elem...@gmail.com