Chuck,

On 2. 3. 2016, at 21:18, OC <o...@ocs.cz> wrote:

>> Defining additional entities with the appropriate restricting qualifiers for
>> these conditions might possibly work.  Then you could define the flattened
>> relationship in terms of these restricted entities.
>
> ... Thank you for the advice; I'll check the possibility of qualified
> entities (of which I completely have forgot!), it might lead to a cleaner and
> more efficient code.

Hmmm, let me see whether I understood you properly. At the moment, I have

(a) entities Auction, UserAuction, User
(b) relationships Auction.userAuction ->> UserAuction and UserAuction.user ->
User

For given Auction, I need to model a relationship auctionOwner -> User, defined
(for the testing at the moment simply) as
(i) Auction.userAuction.user exists
(ii) Auction.userAuction.user.userType==4

So, I have

- defined a new entity OwnerAuction, which is essentially a copy of
UserAuction, but contains 'restrictingQualifier = "user.userType = 4";'
- defined a new relationship Auction.internalOwnerAuction -> OwnerAuction, with
precisely same join as Auction.userAuction
- defined a flattened relationship Auction.ownerAuction -> User, defined as
"internalOwnerAuction.user"

This is what you meant, or did I do something wrong?

Anyway, this, alas, does not quite work. If I fetch OwnerAuction directly, its
restrictingQualifier kicks in all right, and I am getting only items whose
user.userType==4, so far so good; the generated SQL is all right, looking
generally like this:

SELECT ... FROM "T_USER_AUCTION" t0, "T_USER" T1 WHERE T1."C_USER_TYPE" = 4 AND

Nevertheless, if I access the entity through either the internalOwnerAuction or
the flattened ownerAuction relationship, I am always getting _all_ the items --
it looks like in this case, restrictingQualifier is simply ignored. The
generated SQL looks generally like this:

SELECT ... FROM "T_AUCTION" t0, "T_USER" T2, "T_USER_AUCTION" T1 WHERE ... AND
T1."C_USER_ID" = T2."C_UID" AND t0."C_UID" = T1."C_AUCTION_ID"

It properly refers to all the tables, but uses only the joins, does not limit
the results through the OwnerAuction entity restrictingQualifier: there is
never anything like 'AND T2."C_USER_TYPE" = 4' in the generated SQL.

What did I do wrong? Have I forgot to set up something properly?

Thanks a lot,
OC