Hi there,

I would need to fetch objects with qualifier

===
EOQualifier.qualifierWithQualifierFormat("owner.userType = %@ OR owner =
NULL",new NSArray(pc.userType))
===

where "owner" is a :1 relationship based on C_OWNER_ID foreign key. That, alas,
does not work at all. It generates a SQL

===
SELECT ... FROM "T_COMPETENCE" t0, "T_USER" T1 WHERE (t0."C_OWNER_ID" is NULL
OR T1."C_USER_TYPE" = 9) AND t0."C_OWNER_ID" = T1."C_UID"
===

which never returns any row whose "owner"/C_OWNER_ID is NULL, for the latter
part of WHERE (AND t0."C_OWNER_ID" = T1."C_UID") prevents it.

Is this a WebObjects bug or a database bug?

Is there a way to write directly a qualifier which would work properly, i.e.,
same way as my extremely ugly work-around code of

===
def all=new NSMutableArray()
def nulls=... fetch with q-format ... "owner = NULL"
if (nulls) all.addObjectsFromArray(nulls)
def types=... fetch with q-format ... "owner.userType = %@",pc.userType
if (types) all.addObjectsFromArray(types)
return all
===

does?

Thanks,