No, not that I can think of.  EOF was written to do it after the fetch based on
what was fetched.

From: OC <o...@ocs.cz>
Date: Monday, July 11, 2016 at 4:10 AM
To: Chuck Hill <ch...@gevityinc.com>
<webobjects-dev@lists.apple.com>
Subject: Re: Horizontal inheritance to splitting big database tables to speed
up?

Chuck,

On 11. 7. 2016, at 6:49, Chuck Hill
<ch...@gevityinc.com<mailto:ch...@gevityinc.com>> wrote:

IIRC those methods are for determining the correct entity/class to instantiate
based on the row values fetched.  AKA  These are not the droids you are looking
for.

Indeed, looks like the Force is not with me.

No other (reasonably simple) way you would know of to hook into EOF to obtain
the desired effect, i.e., to be able to determine the target entity _before_ a
fetch?

Thanks again,
OC