Chuck,

> On 21. 9. 2016, at 6:10 AM, Chuck Hill <ch...@gevityinc.com> wrote:
> I bet Alice was a developer too.

Beware the EOF, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Looks like I have found the culprit — seems it was the very log of the
committed snapshot. It looks like that if one calls e.g.,

> eo.editingContext().committedSnapshotForObject(eo)

at the wrong moment — which did happen to me originally (solely for the logging
purposes, darnit!), and the more logs I have added, the worse it got — one of
the not-quite-presumed side-effects of that would be that the snapshots do not
get properly recorded anymore for eo. Quadruple weird!

When I have removed all the committedSnapshotForObject calls, it starts to run
properly for all the M:N's, without a glitch. Adding logs immediately
pre-saveChanges (it seems to be safe at the moment), the snapshot proved to be
right; and saveChanges sends only the inserts it should.

Matter of fact, we even have bumped to (another presentation of) the very same
problem some time ago, to wit:

> On 28. 2. 2015, at 7:54 PM, Chuck Hill <ch...@gevityinc.com> wrote:
>
> Ah, Schrödinger’s EOF. :-P  Observing some things can materially change the
> state of EOF.   Calling this method calls ec.committedSnapshotForObject()
> which causes the EC to record the committed snapshot for the object at that
> point in time.  Normally this is done only at the point the EO first changes.

Whew!

Thanks a very big lot for all the help,
OC