Hi,

> On 31 Oct 2016, at 16:25, Theodore Petrosky <tedp...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> I am reverse engineering an Oracle DB to be able to read from it. I will not
> write!
>
> I am of course afraid of this DB. it is not my product and it could be very
> hurt if something was written to it incorrectly.
>
> Would you recommend checking the “Read Only”  check box in the Advanced tab
> in Entity Modeler for the Entities that I reverse engineer?

another (possibly additional) layer of safety could be just to ask the DBA to
produce a separate readonly user that just doesn't have any write permissions;
that way even if something were wrong and EOF decided to write something, the
database will just deny any changes.

Greetings
Dennis

Dennis Bliefernicht • Head of Backend Development
T +49 40 357 3001 62
dennis.blieferni...@xyrality.com

XYRALITY GmbH • Friedensallee 290 • 22763 Hamburg
www.xyrality.com <http://www.xyrality.com/>
Registergericht: Hamburg HRB 115332
Geschäftsführer: Sven Ossenbrüggen