Anyone familiar with the AjaxDatePicker?

I’ve narrowed down my problem to the following line in the calendar.js file in
the function string_to_date:
var result = Date.parseExact(s, [dateOrder]);

The parsing of the date doesn’t work properly with some formats (even the
default one) it returns null and therefore, uses the current date.  It used to,
and the AjaxExample here
(http://webobjects.mdimension.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/AjaxExample.woa/1/wo/VrPvtPdTQHbyR0L5j9srB0/2.0.69

<http://webobjects.mdimension.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/AjaxExample.woa/1/wo/VrPvtPdTQHbyR0L5j9srB0/2.0.69>)
 works fine.

Any suggestions?  Anyone using a different calendar popup window?