Hi Chuck,

I just got more info from the customer and was able to reproduce this in my dev
env. It was easy to fix but I have no idea why it did not work before. We did
restructure the Resources/Properties and the customer claims that the issue did
show up afterwards.

This fetch resulted in the error. Changed code to

EOEditingContext ec = new EOEditingContext();
NSArray<Category> cats = Category.fetchAllCategories(ec);

Changing to this....

EOEditingContext ec = DSMEditiingContext.newEditingContex();
NSArray<Category> cats = Category.fetchAllCategories(ec);

...and everything is fine. DSMEditingContext is our extension of ERXEC.

Why would the good old EOEditingContext result in such a crash?

Your assessment that the user might have backtracked and such seems not
relevant here. I started the application (it's an old moden D2W thingy),
selected the entity from the popup, and selected Query. This is a plain D2W
page with one custom property level query component. This component shows a
list of Categories and lets the user select one from a popup as query criteria.
It was the accessor for the list binding that crashed. I did not even get as
far as to use the selectec value for anything.

Anyway, things work now (as far I have tested, let's see, if the customer also
has it working in production).

Thanks for your answer. I already thought that the mailing list was dead. It
has become a bit lonesome here.

---markus---