I want to define a group enterprise objects at runtime and yet use them in
a fairly similar way to "normal" enterprise objects.

Essentially, I want a generic object that is backed by a NSDictionary (or
other persistence mechanism like bytes/protobuf) and has a defined
behaviour class. I would like to define the model at runtime rather than
using EOModeler. The definition of the object (list of properties and for
each property: name, dataType, class, prototype etc.) defined itself at
runtime in the backing database.

Anyone done something similar, and if so, what is the best approach? I have
contemplated building a generic EO that delegates its behaviour and data to
the behaviour class and the backing NSDictionary respectively, and alters
the implementation of KVC to make it fairly transparent. I'm aware that
some of the hidden "magic" that comes from defining an object in EOModeler
might be lost.

Any hints/tips gratefully received!

Best wishes,

Mark