Hi Maik,

In your conversion from EOF to Cayenne, did you have any issues with metadata
embedded inside your EOModel userInfo dictionaries and if so, how you did you
go about solving them? I’ve been looking at Cayenne as a replacement for EOF
and one roadblock I am running into at the moment is support for a userInfo
type structure in the Cayenne datamap. Admittedly, it’s been about 6 months or
so since I’ve looked, but from what I could tell, this appeared to be an open
issue with Cayenne. It looked like there might be some idea on how to implement
it at one point, but I did not see any resolution or implementation of it.

I make extensive use of the EOModel userInfo dictionary (primarily on entities,
but also on properties) to identify things that are configured at runtime. For
example, I have a key named “taggable” that drives the template generation of
my _EOEntity.java files.  I also use userInfo entries to specify information
for my auditing framework  (e.g. being able to specify whether or an entity is
audited, which keys to audit, etc.) or my custom filtering framework (e.g. to
be able to turn on custom searches for an entity and to identify the  keys that
can be used in custom searches). These are just a few examples.  My current
thinking is to separate this metadata from the model and move it into its own
configuration file, but that opens up the risk of the metadata getting out of
sync with the model. It also seems a little dirty to me.

Curious if anyone else is in a similar position, or has already solved such an
issue?

Regards,

Faizel Dakri
list...@dakri.com <mailto:list...@dakri.com>