Hi Gino,

We do store shopping carts using serialization/json/xml to files and restore
them when the user is back. We just need an item id and quantity.

We store it :

a) in a file using a uuid (saved in a cookie for non logged in users)

b) in a file using the customer profile for logged in users

That way, it’s easy to set up persistence duration by deleting old files.

Jérémy

Le 25 juil. 2019 à 19:34, Jesse Tayler via Webobjects-dev
<webobjects-dev@lists.apple.com<mailto:webobjects-dev@lists.apple.com>> a écrit
:

I would definitely suggest making the cart entries part of your persistent
model and not use session variables for that.

On Jul 25, 2019, at 1:32 PM, Gino Pacitti via Webobjects-dev