I have to do a bunch of configuring of apps that I would rather script than do
by hand. Mainly it’s adding new instances and then ensuring the names match a
naming convention. There does not appear to be a way of renaming instances via
REST so I was looking at editing the SiteConfig.xml file on the WOMonitor
machine. BUT I’m concerned I don’t know what I need to do to do that safely /
correctly.

Any help would be appreciated including telling me I should just suck it up and
edit by hand, although that is sad for 100+ instance names.