Hi Lon,
the .woa's [platform]Classpath.txt files have some variables defined in
comments at the top. One of them is "JVM" which is the java executable. I've
changed that during build to point to my desired JVM, replacing "java" with
something like "/opt/jdk8/bin/java".

I don't think you can change the JVM using JavaMonitor/arguments without
modifying the script that runs the app.

Cheers,
- hugi