I have an old imac running ESXi with a couple of instances of linux. I don't
care what is going on on my Mac OS. This saved me from having to keep up with
Apple's security that destroys my local installs.

Just a thought. I don't know why someone wants to keep reinventing the wheel
for local testing or for a local deployment. I am not trying to tell you that
you have to get out of using OSX, it's just the mental overhead to keep up with
Apple is too much for me.

Ted

On 4/30/21, 10:13 AM, "ocs--- via Webobjects-dev"
<webobjects-dev@lists.apple.com> wrote:

    Jesse,

    > On 30. 4. 2021, at 15:50, Jesse Tayler <jtay...@oeinc.com> wrote:
    > I’ve been using Docker which of course, contains the whole thing quite
nicely for this sort of portability

    Thanks!

    Nevertheless, I regret to say I never ever heard of the Docker thing so
far. Of course I can just open docker.com and start learning a whole new
ecosystem, but frankly, I don't need any other great services it might offer;
all I need is simply to deploy a couple of apps, and learning a whole new
environment seems a bit steep price for that — is that the only way?

    Or perhaps it would really help if there was a document “how to set up and
deploy a WO application through Docker on Big Sur/Catalina 101 for complete
dummies who more or less understand WO, JavaMonitor etc., but know zilch of
Docker“. Is there something like that? I've tried to find one, but in vain
(there seem to be similar things for Tomcat and Azure and whatsnot, there's
even a “docker-webobjects-wotaskd” on github without seemingly any
documentation... perhaps self-evident for people who understand Docker, but
I've no idea :/ )

    Thanks a lot,
    OC

    >> On Apr 30, 2021, at 9:49 AM, ocs--- via Webobjects-dev
<webobjects-dev@lists.apple.com> wrote:

    >> Hi there,
    >>
    >> for my own local testing purposes, I would need to deploy a couple of WO
apps locally on a macOS, Catalina or Big Sur.

    >> The traditional deployment approach bumps into lots of problems,
starting with /System being very R/O, new Apache, etc. I've tried to find a
page explaining howto, but in vain.

    >> Did someone succeed to deploy on a current macOS? What's the easiest way
to do that? (Load and security requirements are very low, for this case, I can
accept a solution which works, even if it is slow/unsecure.)

https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/jtayler%40oeinc.com

https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/tpetrosky%40agencysacks.com

    This email sent to tpetro...@agencysacks.com