Hi,

Do you look for the right file? Some Linux distributions move the tmp
directory of the Apache from the global /tmp into a generic subfolder
(i.e.
/tmp/systemd-private-9e162c536c6a47e092c258fa0469fdf8-httpd.service-sy17Sk/tmp).
This tmp-subfolder has per default 777 (root:root,
system_u:object_r:tmp_t:s0) Maybe you are looking on the wrong place, it
could be a chroot environment, which resides on a complete different
path within filesystem. If there is a SELinux problem you can look into
/var/log/audit/audit.log to see, which file the httpd process will
access. We have chmod 644, chown apache:apache and SELinux
unconfined_u:object_r:httpd_log_t:s0 for the file. You can set SELinux by

semanage fcontext -a -t httpd_log_t "/var/log/WebObjects.log"
restorecon -v /var/log/WebObjects.log
systemctl restart httpd.service

There is also an empty file /tmp/logWebObjects (also within the
subfolder above) which you have to create (touch /tmp/logWebObjects) to
activate log output. Here you can set chmod 644, chown root:root,
system_u:object_r:tmp_t:s0. This file is gone every time you restart the
Apache. So you have to recreate it after every restart.

André