On 11:57AM +0530 Anand Chitipothu wrote:
moving this to git will make bulk editing easier.

absolutely! and there's no reason the 2 have to be mutually exclusive: a friend thinks

... what they really want is a wiki that is backed by git, but that
can still be edited online as a wiki. That lets people use the power of git when they want to, but the simplicity of the wiki when it makes more
sense. GitHub offers that, too. It's the "wiki" button on the project
page.

The problem with it versus GitHub pages is that the wiki is shown as
part of the github project page. So as a landing pad for something like
webpy.org, it's not very pretty.

So I think they really want some hybrid of github pages and the wiki,
where the hold thing is backed by git, editable as a wiki, but totally
themeable and available under a nice URL. I don't think that exists
currently, but it might be interesting to submit a feature request here:

  http://support.github.com/discussion/new