Aydin, you are the MAN! This worked, except that I had to add spaces after
some of the "$" because they were assignment statements as follows:

$ d = {}
    $for k in form.inputs:
         $ d[k.name] = k.value
    $ d["id"] = photo.id

Thank you! I guess as a general rule it's a good idea to handle the bulk of
the heavylifting in the main code and then just have template render it eh?

Jim