Hi everyone,

I've stumbled upon a thing where you can probably help me out.
It seems as if  DB.insert(...) creates an invalid query if no values have been
specified:

py code:
new_id = mydb.insert('mytable')

generates the query:
"INSERT INTO mytable DEFAULT VALUES"

This query doesn't work in MySQL (although it does in SQLite). I don't know if
this is the expected behaviour or not, but so far I had to circumvent this
thing by using something like

new_id = mydb.insert('mytable', id=SQLLiteral('DEFAULT'))

(which, unfortunately, doesn't work in SQLite)
Do you know how to fix this or how to create a more database-agnostic solution
for inserts without values?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Ole.

--