According to this [1], PUT and DELETE are no longer supported as
methods in HTML forms. In practice this seems like no great loss, as
they were never implemented consistently anyway, and in some parts
they were broken by design [2]; but in theory, these two methods are
very useful. I know that pylons gets around this by allowing the
parameter "_method" to override the actual HTTP method, so that you
can use GET and POST as the HTTP-level transport protocol (as those
two are well supported), and GET/POST/PUT/DELETE as the action (as
those four are all useful). I've not found anything similar for web.py
though -- is there anything?

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-html5-diff-20101019/
[2] http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-forms/current-work/#for-http <--
you can't specify parameters to DELETE actions, so you can't pass a
CSRF token...