Dear Web.Py Web.Test crowd.

(If none of you have heard of Web.Test, advise me to search up ITS
group!;)

I am a card-carrying diagnosted test infectee. I wrote the top joke
here, for example:

  http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?TestInfected

When I run a webtest test, two things happen. Only the second one is
my primary question:

 - some of its internal assertions are bogus, and I must turn them off
with this:

  from webtest import lint
  lint.check_content_type = lambda status, headers: None  #  This
fixes a bug in
                                         #  the linter! Delete etc
have no content type to check...

 - aaand, when I run unit tests and hit an error, the web.py and
webtest layers
   conspire to snarf the error message, as if I were an end-user who
should not
   see them.

I need to see only primary assertion fault diagnostics on my text
console - not the irrelevant mumble-gumble that happens AFTER the
mocked website delivers a 500 error to the test case's response
object. I must wrap this around my more explosive method calls:

  try:
     might_explode()
  except:
    log.error(traceback.print_exc())
    raise

That's not very Pythonesque (meaning, in some circles, it's - ahem - a
little TOO Pythonesque!). Less is more, ESPECIALLY in the area of
exception abuse.

I am at the "remove as many lines as possible" phase of my Agile/TDD
project, and I need more freedom to explode things!

How do I make the web.py stack STOP intercepting website faults and
turning them into blank 500 pages for non-existent users? Just let
them fly, so the test runner can pick them up?

(And please don't misread to think I'm trying to blast error details
at the website user - I just need them to register correctly in a test
runner's assertion fault diagnostic journal system!)

--
  Phlip
  http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ZeekLand