It seems Jim had the most simple solution:

<form action="/" name="main" method="post">
$if not form.valid: <p class="error">Probeer opnieuw:</p>
<input type="submit" value="Zoeken" />
</form>

does the trick! I don't need POST method in the separate classes and
all search results are shown on the index page. This is what I was
looking for.

Many thanks!

Mark