For my site, it's essential to make cache as much as possible.  This is
what I have:

web.header('Content-Type', ctype)
web.header('Cache-Control', 'public');
web.header('max-age', 24*3600*31) #31 days

So um... Cache commands work in web.py. Did you analyzed headers?  Are you
using a proxy? Any additional information you can attach?

http://www.wolfhowlmedia.com