Below is a stripped down example that illustrates the problem.  If I
go to http://example.com/webpy_bug_report/ it works fine.  If I go to
http://example.com/webpy_bug_report/redirect/ I expect to be
redirected to http://example.com/webpy_bug_report/ but instead I am
redirected to http://example.com/webpy_bug_report/redirect_problem.py/.
I've tried this under plain CGI as well as FastCGI.

Upon further testing, I realized my current fix doesn't quite work.
If this is indeed a bug, I'd be happy to take another try at fixing
it.  However, it seems like this would have come up for others
before.  I couldn't find anything in the list archives or the issue
tracker.  If I'm doing something wrong or if I missed a solution
online somewhere, I'd be most grateful if somebody could point me in
the right direction.

Thanks,
Alex

# .htaccess

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /webpy_bug_report/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/webpy_bug_report/favicon.ico$
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^(/.*)+redirect_problem.py/
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ redirect_problem.py/$1 [PT]

# redirect_problem.py

import web

urls = (
    '/redirect/','redirect'