We have built a web service with web.py as such:

        app = web.application(urls, globals(), autoreload=False)
        app.run()

What I would like to do is register a heartbeat (either to a file or
database) every x seconds. I see that the web.background was moved out of
the main line of code, this kinda looked like what I needed.

Any suggestions on doing something like this on an interval (in a loop) in
web.py?

Thanks