I recently had a similar question, and I'm not sure "memory" sessions are
possible.  Unless someone corrects me, I do not believe web.py Sessions
have a "memory" option, like Apache or IIS.  You have to tell the Session
storage object to either use disk or db, where the storage pickle evidently
gets written.

But, I'm testing a workaround, that's not specifically a web.py thing, just
python.

In my main startup routine, I import a global.py file, which simply has a
couple of vars defined.  Then, *before* app.run(), I'm setting those
values.  (things like a debug level, etc).  Thanks to the magic of python
imports, any other code file that imports that module can access those
variables.

Requests to web.py are ephemeral, but the main process runs until you kill
it.  So, essentially I'm sticking stuff in the main process, and accessing
it from the request threads.

Unless I'm completely retarded, it seems to be working.