Am 13.04.2012 17:53, schrieb NSC:
> Very good, and thanks for your response.  I do wonder, however, if the file
> session is slow and db is recommended, why I would bother with session at all.
>
> The data I'm "caching" in the session actually lives in the database - I was
> trying to increase performance and the user experience by caching it.  (I'm
> coming from the .NET world, where server sessions are actually in memory, and
> really fast.)
>
> I guess I need to rethink the whole process.

Sessions are storing data for a user of the system. A cookie is matched to a
pickled storage object entry in the database. If the database works well, it
will take care of the proper caching for data that is often requested.

I you want to cache something for all users, you might want to use it in a
global storage object inside your application?

Dragan

http://noobz.cc/
http://digitalfolklore.org/
http://contemporary-home-computing.org/1tb/