I was thinking about taking a sample/generic app, beefing it up with
lots of stuff from cookbook examples - sessions, user reg/login,
forms, csrf, plus maybe Twitter-Bootstrap-CSS... and having it on
github so it can be improved and kept current, etc.

Would this be of value? Is it redundant, is there already a good rich
sample app? (I've done some looking, haven't found anything including
a user table...)

Which sample app seems best to extend this way? I lean toward blog or
to-do....