Hi,

I have been looking at web.py and think it looks great... here is a
question I have:

Jython - I have the simple application up and running under jython... not
really leveraging too much of the web.py framework quite yet.

Would be great to be able to leverage java libraries inside web.py, and
also get all the power/access of the collection of JDBC drivers; In
particular MSSQL from linux.  (For the db.py areas.)

After browsing the code it seems as though it might be straightforward a
modification to add an additional subclass for something like
"MSSQLDB_JDBC" and then just check to make sure the JTDS.jar is on the
class path... it would appear (i think) to be very similar to the existing
MSSQLDB one from a DB syntax perspective, just leverage the jtds driver.

Am I thinking correctly on this?  Or am I likely to come across plenty more
errors going down this route?

Curious what everyone thinks on this,  Thanks,