Oops, I didn't notice that you were using different ports for different
applications.

I made a couple of quick tests, of course Apache can listen on multiple
ports and WSGI apps can run on different ports, so here's what I did to
(kind of...) simulate your setup:

1. Added "Listen 8080" to my Apache configuration.
2. Copied my working VirtualHost definition to a new file, changed the port
to 8080 in that file.
3. Restarted apache.

With the above setup I had two VirtualHost definitions, like the one I
posted earlier, which were identical to each other, apart from the line:

<VirtualHost *:80>

Which was in the second file:

<Virtualhost *:8080>

With this setup, every web.py app is served on _both_ ports. Then:
1. I commented out the "blog" application from the <VirtualHost *:80> (The
"alias" line and the Directory definition)
2. I commented out every other application except "blog" from the
<VirtualHost *:8080>
3. Restarted Apache.

This way, all applications were served on port 80, except "blog" which was
on port 8080. I hope this is clear enough. Try to replicate my setup on
your server, and monitor your error logs for hints on what might be going
wrong.

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Megha Vishwanath <
megha.vishwan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I see that in your set up perhaps one may approach the different apps
> using example.com/books or example.com/blog, is that right?
>
> I don't want the second app to render on port 80 and these are 2 very
> distinct web py apps and have nothing to do with each other.
> So, would you recommend I use a different Domain name for the second
> application?
>
> -Megha
>
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Marios Zindilis <mar...@zindilis.com>wrote:
>
>> Maybe the problem is that you have two VirtualHost definitions for the
>> same domain. I have posted my current working VirtualHost configuration
>> here:
>>
>> https://gist.github.com/4671242
>>
>> The only difference to the configuration in production is that the domain
>> is not actually example.com, and the IP from which the test applications
>> are accessible is that of our proxy server.
>>
>> Let me know if further explanations are necessary.
>>

>> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 4:13 PM, Megha Vishwanath <
>> megha.vishwan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> This:
>>>
>>> *For App 1*
>>> <VirtualHost *:80>
>>>     ServerName www.domain.com
>>>
>>>     RewriteEngine On
>>>     RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} /schoolpage/
>>>     RewriteRule ^(.*)\/(\?.*)?$ $1$2 [R=301,L]
>>>
>>>     CustomLog /srv/domwww/logs/access.log common
>>>     ErrorLog /srv/domwww/logs/error.log
>>>
>>>     Alias /css /srv/domwww/css
>>>     Alias /images /srv/domwww/images
>>>     Alias /reports /srv/reports
>>>     Alias /rawdata /srv/rawdata
>>>     Alias /uploaded_images /srv/uploaded_images
>>>     Alias /js /srv/domwww/js
>>>     Alias /yui /srv/domwww/yui
>>>     Alias /flot /srv/domwww/flot
>>>     Alias /sslc /srv/domwww/sslc
>>>     Alias /robots.txt /srv/domwww/robots.txt
>>>
>>>     <Directory /srv/domwww/>
>>>     WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
>>>     AddHandler wsgi-script .wsgi
>>>     allow from all
>>>    </Directory>
>>> </VirtualHost>
>>>
>>> *For App 2*
>>> <VirtualHost *:8005>
>>>     ServerName www.domain.com
>>>
>>>     LogLevel debug
>>>
>>>     CustomLog /srv/domMisc/modinterface/logs/access.log common
>>>     ErrorLog /srv/domMisc/modinterface/logs/error.log
>>>

>>>     Alias /css /srv/domMisc/modinterface/css
>>>     Alias /js /srv/domMisc/modinterface/js
>>>     Alias /images /srv/domMisc/modinterface/images
>>>     Alias /templates /srv/domMisc/modinterface/templates
>>>     Alias /favicon.ico /srv/domMisc/modinterface/favicon.ico
>>>     Alias / /srv/domMisc/modinterface/modinterface.wsgi
>>>
>>>     <Directory /srv/domMisc/modinterface>
>>>         AddHandler wsgi-script .wsgi
>>>         WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
>>>         Allow from all