Reading an url as follows:

example.com/product/xyz

urls = ('/product/(.*)', product)

in the product class on GET I am reading the that product ID pulled from
the URL to create a DB query. Some of those IDs have an & in them, when I
receive that value in python it has been escaped, but I have had 0 luck
unescaping it back so I can run the query correctly. The following do not
work:

product = product.replace("&", "&")
product = HTMLParser.unescape.__func__(HTMLParser,product)

Whats the best practice in Web.py or even Python? Thanks