That is a good point.

But in the Diginotar case the CA root was revoked so that could be dealt
with by saying that a client should unpin a cert when it has been revoked
(or part of the chain has been revoked).

Another tool that we could use here is to push out an 'unpin' statement in
whatever mechanism we develop for data driven revocation.

Website: http://hallambaker.com/