On 2012-04-29 09:11, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
Section 6.1.1: I think the "delta-seconds" should be:

delta-seconds = 1*DIGIT

; defined in Section 3.3.2 of [RFC2616]

That would copy the rule from RFC 2616 "by value".

The angle-bracket notation you have there doesn't seem to be normal.

It's a prose rule; see RFC 5234 prose-val. It's used here to define the ABNF rule "by reference".

The reference form in theory is safer because there's only a single definition, so no conflicts are possible.

Best regards, Julian

PS: we use the prose-val style a lot in HTTPbis for referencing ABNF from other documents, so if there's a problem with that I'd like to learn ASAP about it :-)