> So, 30 days, or 60 days, we can argue about. But 1 year might be too
> long a time — if we decide to have a mandated max max-age, instead of
> just providing UA implementation advice.
>
> Is there consensus that we should mandate a max max-age, or consensus
> that we should not?

To me, the question isn't so much about how long sites will want to
set max-age for, it's "How long would HPKP-browser makers allow a
domain to be bricked before caving to pressure to add it to some
whitelist/revocation list?" I think it's inevitable that some foo.com
*will* brick themselves using HPKP (or possibly be bricked
maliciously) and then come crawling to Chrome (or other implementing
browsers) asking to be bailed out.

If there were a max-age of 60 days, would the Chrome team take a hard
line of "Sorry foo.com, you'll just have to wait it out"? Or would
they ship a patch to disables HPKP for foo.com, fearing that otherwise
some users will just switch to another browser to regain access?

If the former is more likely, then a max max-age of 60 days is
reasonable. If the latter is more likely, then I'd argue against
having a max max-age at all and instead plan to deal with failures in
a deus ex machina way.