I agree. I think that this non-strict behavior is something that UAs will
implement anyway, because otherwise the UA doesn't work in any place that has a
"next generation firewall" (which is pretty much any firewall these days)

And if they did stick to only strict behavior, pretty much none of the
potential servers would use HPKP.

I agree that this text represents a middle ground that allows both UAs and
servers to deploy the protocol.

so, +1.

Yoav
(with no hats, except maybe a next-generation firewall vendor hat)